Friday, November 27, 2009

8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

I have an 8th grade formal coming up in May of '08. my mom wants me to wear my cousin's hand-me-down dress from last year, but i always have to wear her hand-me-downs, and normally, it doesn't bother me, but I just don't wanna wear her old dress to MY 8th grade formal. Not that her dress isn't pretty, and it costs over twice as much as i can spend on mine, i just don't want to wear it.



I have up to $50 dollars to spend, and that is dress, and shoes. I am looking for your dress ideas, or places to look in TN. I can look in Mt. Juliet, and some other smaller towns in Middle Tennessee. Thank you, and links would be great!



What I'm lookin for



-knee length



-any color except black, grey, white, or brown



-not too formal



-size 1



Also, hair and shoe ideas would be great. I have shoulder length dark brown hair with layers and no bangs.



THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

go with your cousin's dress but change it up some, take something off of it or add something. No one will know. And then spend the money on something you Really want and will use or wear more than the dress.



Have fun



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

This may sound yicky, but I would check Goodwill. I mean there are things there for your size that still have tags on them! Top notch designers and the like. If that doesn't interest you, try ebay. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff on there for your size! And for relativly cheap.



Is there anyway you could sell her dress and get some extra money? If your not going to use it, I would suggest gifting it to someone who will.



Good luck!



Guardianofthemoon



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

have fun :)



http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc...



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

Hey sweetie, I know it sucks wearing hand me downs but look at it this way you will have $50.00 bucks in your pocket! The only one who will know it is a hand me down is you! I am now 26 and when I was younger I hated when my mom would shop at this store called Big Lots, I did not want my friends to see me in there (they were all very rich and I was only upper middle class) but my mom told me "the only way your friends will see you here is if they are here too" The point is no one will know it is a hand me down, no one will care either! If any thing try good will or the Salvation Army (belive it or not you can find really cute stuff there) My husband makes over 60,000 a year and I love those stores now! Good luck!



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

It's an eighth grade formal- as long as you like your cousin's dress and the color or fit doesn't look bad- just wear it. No one will know it was your cousin's. It's not that big of a deal. For prom, I would completely understand if you did not want to wear a hand-me-down dress, though. :-)



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

i have found every formal dress ive ever had at dillards. start looking NOW because u may find some on clearance. as it gets closer to proms less go on sale. look on clearance racks at dillards and body shop. you can find some as low as $5-30. and they usually have more of the smaller sizes than average sizes. also try second-hand stores. you can find some really pretty dresses that are practically new for a very good price. Kohls, goodys, profits/belk, body shop, just go look around at the malls and check out what they have. look in stores you usually dont go to. for shoes keep it simple %26amp; cheep. i wore 2 dollar flipflops from walmart that had a cute little jewel. and remember you can always get a spring-y dress and sew a plastic flower to your flipflops. theyre cheap and comfy. maybe curl your hair or pull it half back? try out different things. you have time. goodluck %26amp; have fun!



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

well... I'd keep the dress and spend the money to buy new shoes and to get my hair done the day of. But that's just me.



As for hair, I'd say you should do what a friend of mine did for our grade 8 grad. She has hair like what you described. (omg, it's been a while.) She had her hair loosely curled and put into a bun (loose bun) with bits of curls coming out.



I wish I had a photo to show you, but it was gorgeous.



If you could give me your email, I'd be able to send you a picture...



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

I would say go with your cousins but if your deadset on getting your own check at Ross they have amazing dresses for really cheap I have gotten all my homecomig dresses there and they're only like $20 i actually got a REALLY nice one for 12. Also theres alot of time between now and then to earn some more money....



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

my 8th grade formal is soon too!!!!



here are some cute dresses at debs:



http://www.debshops.com/Fashion/ViewDeta...



yes I know its back but its very chic



http://www.debshops.com/Fashion/ViewDeta...



Delias:



http://store.delias.com/item.do?category...



Forever 21 has great dress(%26amp; cheap!):



here are my fave::



http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?cat...



http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?cat...



http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?cat...



Have fun!!



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

its not a big deal spend ur money on something else.



8th GRADE FORMAL HELP...? please help!?

wear the dress but ask ur mom if u can cut it or change it in any way( make it shorter, add belts create hemline ect. if not contact my friend kelsey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security