Saturday, November 28, 2009

What do you think of my poem? I'm not worried about rhyme scheme or anything, just the story be

Goodbye



By: Kayla Jones



Sometimes in this world, the thing we want the most,



Is just someone to talk to, just some guest to host,



She sits out on her porch waiting for a guest,



But no one stops to see her, and no one makes request,



To stop and see the poor old widow, lonely and depressed,



She is on up in her years, Her husband, he is dead and gone,



Her children all have left the house, they are all off and grown,



No one ever stops to talk, she is all alone,



Her children don't drop in, or ever come to see,



The mother who had raised them, whose love flowed strong and free,



She sits upon her rocking chair, and peers outside the window pane,



And when the children walk right by, her tears fall down like heavy rain,



Her hairs turned grey, her face has aged, cracked like weathered stone,



Her body hurts, her heart is aching, it cuts her right down to the bone,



She longs for the time when she was happy, loved and so carefree,



Now she's perched beside her window rooted like a maple tree,



She remembers back in the day, when she was so young and fair,



Now her beauty has fled too, and her face is wrinkled with despair,



Her house is cold, she is sick; she can't afford to eat,



Her tears fall down just like dew, her face silent and discreet,



Her cancer has the best of her, eating all her soul away,



Why oh why god, she has asked, Must I have to live this way?



All my years of work are nothing, there is no more left for me,



All of my hard work in life, has withered like a winter tree,



She crawled in bed late at night, and made her prayer quick and clear,



God I beg you grant me this, take me from my bonds right here,



I don't want you to be mad God, because I'm grateful everyday,



But this is just too much to bear, Please Lord, carry me away,



Here in this life, on this earth, pain is all I ever feel,



But earth has no sorrow, which heaven can not heal.



What do you think of my poem? I'm not worried about rhyme scheme or anything, just the story behind the words.

earth has no sorrow which heaven cannot heal- what a great line.



What do you think of my poem? I'm not worried about rhyme scheme or anything, just the story behind the words.

i love it. it was sooooooo good. it had a dark side to it. it rhymes. its good the story is clear and lovely. u should write more omg. u r good



What do you think of my poem? I'm not worried about rhyme scheme or anything, just the story behind the words.

Real good. To me it doesn't even seem too depressing, which I thought it would be since the lady is lonely beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security