Friday, November 27, 2009

Trichotillomania - early stages?

I think my mom may have some form of hair pulling - from the scalp, which is triggered by grey or coarse hair (so she says)



I've tried to bring it to her attention when she is doing it, but this just is not working. From what I've noticed is that this started about a year ago and may be some for of action to reduce anxiety



I'm a psych major so I know there are some forms of behavior therapy and was wondering if you all had any ideas



Trichotillomania - early stages?

Maybe suggest hair do ideas where she could have her hair pulled back so that she isn't subconsciously pulling at it.



That way she would have to reach further and be more aware.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habit_Rever...



If she is pulling gray hair she may not have a disorder but just freaked out about getting gray hair.



If it is a disorder she most likely has some bald spots you can tell her that the gray hair looks better than the bald spot(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security