Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

he is now 7 months old.



he has large blue eyes, grey ears, grey circles round his eyes, a grey dot near his nose, some fawn brown on his back in the shape of an capital I, and he is a lionhead. he has a soppy lionheads personality, very friendly and always begs 4 cuddles, and is slightly fluffy. he has no mane but has part of the mane inbetween his ears where if u straighten it out properly, it looks like elvis' hair. lol. he is very fluffy on his body but not around his face? is there such a kind of lionhead rabbit called the no-maned lionhead? lol. cos i think thats wat my bunny is. there r single maned, double maned but no nomaned! my bunny has started an all new breed of lionhead!



is he just a normal lionhead or a one of a kind?? r there rabbits just like him in the world of lionheads? he has a very one-of-a-kind colour and there is no lionhead bunny on the internet that looks like him?



Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

Hi,



Yes it is perfectly possible to have a lionhead without a mane, or even any other excess fur! It depends on genetics, and you may have a double maned lionhead still give birth to an ordinary looking bunny depending on recessive genes. I have a lionhead doe with just a tiny tiny mane, and no excess fur on the flank, and a pure bred lionhead who is absolutely adorable. I also had a house bunny who was again a lionhead with no real mane. I didn't specifically look to have lionhead, they are just so common in the UK and come into the rescue I work for all of the time. These particular rabbits all have/had dental issues so can't be rehomed.



Dental issues are very common in poorly bred lionheads, so it's important you have your vet check their molars at least once per year. Your rabbit may have perfect incisors but still need the back teeth checking.



I also have a lionhead x cashmere who sounds a lot like your rabbit where markings are concerned. Every body always comments on her looks but she's a minx!



Enjoy your bunny, sounds sweet.



Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

Hi,



Yeah milly is white, blue eyes with brown/grey patches on them, a brown/grey splodge on her ear and a funny stripe down her back. Looks like an angel but has the personality of a devil :-) I love her to bits though :-) If you send me an email I'll send you some pics Report It



Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

Yeah Maybe,



Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

does it really matter as long as you are happy with it ?



i have a dog that was born with only three paws, he limps but other than that he is fine and i am happy with him and have been ever since i found him dumped in a dogs home 2 yaers ago



Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

Rabbits are lagomorphs not lagmaphores



Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

Lionheads are kind of new and the genetics aren't all worked out. Plus, rabbit breeds are a bit different than other animals in that you can really call the rabbit what ever breed you want. Unless you got pedigree papers with him who knows what kind of rabbit he is.



I've seen some lionheads that had a nice full mane for their first year and then lost it.



If you want, devise a new name for his breed. Who's to say you are wrong!



Is my bunny REALLY a lionhead?

Consider your rabbits source?



Might be you have a lionhead cross; without knowing the parents are the parents?



Sticking the word lionhead on a baby rabbit adds to the cost of purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security